- Serving: 4 persons
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- Sustainability: The trout in the recipe is farmed at the Ondenval farm in Belgium, according to very high standards, and at a low stocking density similar to organic production requirements. When out shopping for trout or other aquaculture products, you can spot the organicASC logos, but be assured that EU production standards are high for all species.
- 4 fillets of rainbow trout, 75 g each
- 1 ripe tomato
- 4 baby carrots (different colours)
- 5 cl of Bouteville vinegar
- olive oil 1 table spoon
- 1 jar of trout roe
- salt and pepper
- Dip the trout fillets in a 10% brine for 10 seconds. Drain immediately and place on a baking tray. Set aside.
- Cut the tomato into pieces and season like a salad with vinegar, salt and pepper. Leave to rest for 1 hour, squeeze and collect the juice.
- Peel your carrots and cook until al dente in boiling water (check the texture with the tip of a knife). Cut them into thin slices.
- Cover the trout with aluminium foil and bake it in the oven at 60°C for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the trout to a plate along with a generous spoonful of trout roe, arrange the carrots around it, pour over the tomato juice, and drizzle with a little olive oil and pistachio oil.
Trout from Ondenval